Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Belt. rotary and band
- Router with 1/8″ or 1/4″ round-over bit
- Sand paper or emery boards
- 3/4″ and 3/8″ thick wood or plywood
- Make pattern from print of sitting Bear by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape. Draw shape on wood surface .
- Saw body from 3/4″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler. Saw slot for Bear’s mouth.
- Saw 2 x legs and 2 x arms from 3/8″ wood or plywood.
- Sand front and back surfaces of all parts prior to assembly with a belt sander to smooth to remove roughness.
- Glue arms and legs to body.
- Round over all exposed edges.
- Sand to ease rough or sharp edges.
- Draw or paint Bear’s nose, eyes and brows (both sides).
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
Download pattern here.