This toy pattern includes a multi-page PDF. Please be sure to download and print the attached toy pattern at the bottom of this page along with these instructions.
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, Belt and spindle
- Router with 1/4″ or 1/8″ round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- 1/2″ lumber
- 3/16″ dowel
- Make pattern from print of Alligator by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on wood surfaces.
- Saw body from 1/2″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand curved surfaces with a spindle sander to smooth.
- Round over edges with 1/8″ or ¼” router bit.
- Sand edges to remove roughness.
- Drill holes for pivot points with a bit that is 1/64″ or 1/32″ larger than the 3/16″ dowel.
- Cut the dowel to length. Taper the lower end of the dowel to get it to go into the pivot. Apply glue to the top 1/4″ of the dowel and insert into the pivot hole.
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
- Paint if desired.