Home Sweet Home is a 501(c)(3) organization connecting nonprofit partners in the St. Louis region with donated furniture and household items. We help clients from partner organizations transition to their new living
situations with much-needed furnishings and basics, providing a sense of ownership and a source of stability at this crucial time
The mission of Home Sweet Home is to give under-served families a sense of pride and to improve the quality of their lives by providing basic household furnishings.
The SLWG is asking you to volunteer your time and talents to provide hand built tables to families in need within our community.The finished tables will be distributed throughout the St. Louis area by HomeSweetHome (HSH) a Brentwood based charity. You can work individually or collaboratively. You are being asked to:
- Build coffee, end, and/or cafe tables and/or nightstands from narrow widths of 8/4, 40″ lengths of White Oak provided by the Guild.
- Base your project on a design provided by the Guild or choose a design of your own liking.
- See the Table below for overall dimensions by Item type.
- Use traditional joinery methods. Avoid using pocket screws.
- Whether you stain (color up to you) your project or not is up to you.
- Apply a varnish, lacquer, or polyurethane as the final finish coat.
- Notify a Table Committee Member when your project is completed.
Guild drawings for a coffee table and an end table are attached as examples of Guild designs. Other designs are welcomed and encouraged. Please reply to this email, text or call me at (314) 412-1817 if you have
any questions or interest in participating in the worthy cause.
The furniture piece you build should fit inside
a cube with the dimensions for each item