Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Rotary & band
- Router (with 1/4″ round over bit)
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- 2″ x 4″ lumber (sand sides smooth)
- ¼” dowel
- Make pattern from print of Car by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on wood surface and mark axle centers.
- Drill 5/16″ holes for axles and ¾” hole for window.
- Saw body from 2″ x 4″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand cut surfaces with a rotary sander to smooth.
- Round over edges with ¼” router bit.
- Sand edges to remove roughness.
- Cut ¼” dowel to length (body + 2 x wheels thickness + 1/16″ or 3/32″ clearance).
- Assemble wheel to one end of axle using white or yellow glue (Hot melt will not work.) Add second wheel to complete assembly. Test that wheels turn freely.
Download pattern here.