Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Rotary and band
- Router with 1/8″ or 1/4″ round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- 1/2″ thick solid wood or plywood.
- 3/16″ wood or plywood
- Make pattern from print of Cat by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on wood surface.
- Drill 5/16″ holes for eye.
- Saw body from 1/2″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand cut surfaces with a rotary sander to smooth.
- Round over edges with 1/8″ or ¼” router bit.
- Sand edges to remove roughness.
- Saw 2 x legs from 3/16″ wood or plywood.
- Sand cut surfaces with a rotary sander to smooth and sand edges to remove roughness.
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
Download pattern here.