Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, belt and spindle sanders
- Router with 1/8″ or 1/4″ round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper
- 2″ x 4″ and/or 3/4″ lumber
- 3/8″ dowel
- Make pattern from print of Flower by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape. Pattern can also be made from mylar or 1/8″ masonite.
- Draw shapes on wood surface.
- Saw body from 2″ x 4″ or 3/4″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand curved surfaces with an orbital sander to smooth.
- Smooth all sharp edges with a 1/8″ or 1/4″ round over bit.
- Drill 13/32″ or 7/16″ holes in base and bud for flower stem.
- Cut 3/8″ dowel to length for stem. Taper ends of stem to ease assembly.
- Glue stem into base and bud.
Download pattern here.