Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, belt and spindle sanders
- Router with 1/8" or 1/4" round over bit
- Drill with 1/16" or 1/8" bit
- Sand paper
- Make pattern from print of stacked parts by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape. Pattern can also be made from mylar or 1/8" masonite.
- Draw shapes on wood surface.
- Saw body parts from 3/4" lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand curved surfaces with an disc or spindle sander to smooth.
- Smooth all sharp edges with a 1/8" or 1/4" round over bit .
- Glue stacked parts together and align as shown. Use pin nailer or brads to keep pieced aligned until glue dries.
- Make pig's tail. Bend heavy wire around nail to form curly tail. Drill hole in top of cack piece to match diameter of tail wire used. Glue tail in place.
- Rub your hands over the entire assembly to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
- Optional: paint if desired.
Download pattern here.