This toy pattern includes a multi-page PDF. Please be sure to download and print the attached toy pattern at the bottom of this page along with these instructions.
- Table saw
- Dado blade (optional)
- Chisel (optional)
- Sanders – Disk or belt sanders
- Sand paper
- Finishing oil (optional)
- 1″ x 1″ x 19″ hardwood lumber
- Crosscut the 19″ strip into 6 pieces, each 3″ long
- Sand all edges or rout with a small chamfer or round-over bit.
- Cut the notches for each piece, per the diagram. All notches are 1/2″ deep and either 1/2″ or 1″ wide.
- Optionally, a chisel may be used to smooth out the rough surface left from the table saw.
- Oil and assemble
Note – If desired, the puzzle can be made with 3/4” cross sections. Simple make the notches 3/8” or 3/4”.