- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, Belt and Spindle
- Router with 1/8" round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- 1/4"-3/8" plywood or hardboard for fish body.
- 3/8" dowel
- 1" dowel
- Make patterns for the fish bodies from print of plan by gluing to a piece of cardboard or hardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on plywood/hardboard surfaces.
- Drill 1/4" hole in nose of each fish as indicated.
- Round over the edges of both fish with a 1/8" round over bit and sand smooth.
- Gather both fish together with a shower curtain ring.
- Saw fishing pole from 3/8" and 1" dowels (sand ends smooth).
- Drill hole through the 3/8" dowel near the end.
- Glue the 3/8" dowel into the 1" dowel.
- Saw hook from 1" dowel.
- Sand edges of hook smooth.
- Attach string to hook with glue or an eye hook. Attach other end through hole in the end of the pole.
- Rub your hands over the the pole, hook and fish to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.