Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, belt and spindle sanders
- Router with 1/8" round over bit
- Sand paper
- ¾" wood or plywood for body
- ¼" or 3/8" wood for tail
- 5/8" dowel for foot
- Make pattern from print of Cat by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape. Pattern can also be made from mylar or 1/8" masonite.
- Draw shapes on wood surface.
- Saw Body from ¾" thick solid wood or plywood.
- Saw tail from thinner wood.
- Sand cut surfaces with a rotary sander to smooth. Route radius on all edges of the cat body.
- Saw down center of dowel and cut off ¼" lengths to make 2 foot pieces per cat. Sand to smooth bottom and edges.
- Glue feet and tail to body.
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
Download pattern here.