Date(s) - 2021/07/20
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Faust Park Shop
Prior to beginning the day, leaders review Shop Safety, and discuss the workflow processes and procedures, instruct on the proper use of gauges and jigs, and answer all questions.
Event Description and Information
- Participants will cut, drill, and router parts for children’s desks. The desks will be donated to a local charity for distribution to children in the St. Louis region.
- Participants will work alone or in pairs to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Rip boards to width on the table saw, cut boards to length on the miter saw, drill pocket holes using a Kreg jig, router edges with a handheld router or on router table, drill a 3-1/4” hole on the drill press using a Forstner bit.
- Combine pieces into desk components to include leg components, desk box components.
- Router and sand assembled leg components.
- Drill holes in leg components and side cleat
- Perform a final inspection of all pieces and components – perform additional sanding as necessary
- Tools needed for the various operations will be provided.
- Participants must bring personal eye and hearing protective gear.
- Participants may want to bring an apron and something to drink.
- Donuts, but no lunch, will be provided.
Registrations are closed for this event.