- Band or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, Belt, and spindle sanders
- Router with 1/8″ or 1/4″ round over bit
- Drill with 1/16″ or 1/8″ bit
- Sand paper
- 3/4″ lumber
- Make pattern from print of stacked parts by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape. Pattern can also be made from mylar or 1/8″ masonite
- Draw shapes on wood surface.
- Saw body parts from 3/4″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand curved surfaces with an disc or spindle sander to smooth. Smooth all sharp edges with a 1/8″ or 1/4″ round over bit .
- Glue stacked parts together and align as shown. Use pin nailer or brads to keep pieced aligned until glue dries.
- Rub your hands over the entire assembly to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
- Optional: paint if desired.
Download pattern here. https://slwg.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Skunk-Stacked.png