Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, Belt and spindle
- Router with 1/4″ or 1/8″ round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- Make pattern from print of Mother’s Day or Fathers’ Day sign by gluing to a piece of cardboard or hardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on wood surfaces.
- Saw from 3/4″ lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Drill a hole to start interior letter cut outs.
- Cut pattern to shape.
- Sand curved surfaces with a rotary sander to smooth.
- Round over edges with 1/8″ or ¼” router bit.
- Sand edges to remove roughness.
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
- Paint if desired.
Download pattern here.