Skip to content
- Band Saw or Scroll saw
- Sanders – Disc, Belt and Spindle
- Router with 1/8″ round over bit
- Drill Press
- Sand paper or emery boards
- Make pattern from print of Helmet by gluing to a piece of cardboard. Cut pattern to shape.
- Draw shape on wood surface.
- Drill 5/8″ hole for ear vent.
- Saw body from ½” to ¾” lumber (sand sides smooth). Fill any voids, cracks or knot holes with filler.
- Sand cut surfaces with a disc, belt or spindle sander to smooth.
- Round over edges with ¼” router bit.
- Sand edges to remove roughness.
- Rub your hands over the entire vehicle to make sure there are not sharp edges or points. Remove with sandpaper if any are found.
Download pattern here.