Date(s) - 2021/05/29
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Faust Park Shop
Instructor: Ron Bontz
Lunch: 30 minutes. Plan to bring a bag if you want to eat.
Materials Attendees need to bring to class:
1) A saw. Preferably a rip saw, but a cross cut will work. It is easier to learn on larger saw teeth than the small dovetail saw teeth. 8 or 10 ppi would do well, but what ever they have is fine. If they have no saw, let Ron know and he will punch out a few plates for them to practice on.
2) Saw files and file handle: Ron has some 6xx and 7x saw files for the larger teeth as noted. For 12 ppi or smaller, attendees will have to supply their own saw files.
3) Filing guide. Ron has a couple of extra that may be purchased at his cost. Otherwise Lee Valley sells them. (Ron strongly recommend them.) If some folks want to save a couple of dollars in shipping, let him know and he will order several and just divide the shipping cost.
You can also make your own wooden guides, but they are a bit of a pain to make. And you have to make one for almost every angle you use.
3) Double cut mill file for jointing the teeth.
4) Saw vise. Ron has three extra, but if an attendee has one that would be great. If you do not have one, let him know in advance so he can bring one for you.
5) Dykem metal marking dye. If attendee has some, please bring it. It makes seeing the teeth much easier.
6) Magnifying lenses. Ron uses the same type sold by Lie Nielsen with different powers available depending on the size of the saw teeth being filed. Ron has two left that he has not sold yet. They will cost what ever his cost was. Just let him know if you want to buy one from him.
Ron’s contact information: email@example.com 618-377-8953
Registrations are closed for this event.